Favourite Albums of 2012
It’s my favourite time of year again, other than Canada Day of course. It’s the time of year when we compile lists of favourites with a look back on the year and look forward to the future!
2012 has been the biggest year of my 31 years so far and with all the highs/lows I wouldn’t change where I am now for anything. I’m also very much looking forward to 2013 because of a lot that happened in 2012. It’s pretty incredible to the point I still shake my head weekly. I let go of a lot in 2012 but gained so much more, and there was always music.
Here’s my 10 favourite albums of the year.
- Deftones – Koi No Yokan
- Two Door Cinema Club – Beacon
- Punch Brothers – Who’s Feeling Young Now?
- Alt-J – An Awesome Wave
- Beach House – Bloom
- Tame Impala – Lonerism
- Passion Pit – Grossamer
- Eight And a Half – Eight and a Half
- Ellie Goulding – Halcyon
- Godspeed You! Black Emperor – Allelujah! Don’t Bend! Ascend!
And of course since there’s sooo much amazing music out there 10 is never enough, so here’s the honourable mentions…
- Sigur Ros – Valtari
- Of Monsters & Men – My Head is an Animal
- Muse – The 2nd Law
- Silversun Pickups – Neck of the Woods
- XX – Coexist
- Burial – Kindred EP