It was broadcast on local stations and streamed directly on YouTube to us, around the world. The route was along Iceland’s coastal ring road, a whopping 1332km journey and they took us along for the experience.
5 thoughts on today’s experience…
- It was the best media to work to. My fire alarm went off twice and I almost jumped out of my skin but the mix of it all really reminded me of why I love to work to music on a day I had chosen to not put anything on.
- Most drivers in Iceland are very calm. There was the occasional speedster and at times folks would pass around the video car, but wow I’m impressed with Iceland’s patience and non-speedy drivers.
- It reminded me of Chemical Brothers, who create the BEST music videos in my opinion. It was very much like Star Guitar (below), but ambient.
- It was mesmerizing and being recorded LIVE by the group themselves. There was one part where they’re going through a tunnel and the music is going in and out, programmed to be perfectly set to the feeling.
- ICELAND IS GORGEOUS. Why this wasn’t a direct connection with the tourism board for the country is a marketing miss-step (maybe it was, indirectly?) but WOW Iceland kept taking my breath away. I would take so many pictures and it would take my Instagram for a year, easily.
Some more amazing moments, others were sharing…
— scntfc (@scntfc) June 21, 2016
— Gabi Lazzari (@gabilazzari) June 21, 2016
— Sean Jordan (@nadrojmnaes) June 21, 2016
— Verlen Kaster (@verlen_kaster) June 21, 2016
— 101 Reykjavík UK (@101reykjavikUK) June 21, 2016